News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Quiz 2019
- May 9, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The city of Metz, where the environment ministers of the G7 nation recently held a meeting, is located in
• Environment ministers of the G7 nations met in France, a day ahead of the release of what is expected to be another alarming report on the state of the planet.
• Ministers from Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States gathered for the two-day meeting in the northeastern city of Metz.
• They were due to discuss measures to tackle deforestation, plastic pollution and the degradation of coral reefs and try to form alliances between nations to act on them
2) The Global Assessment Report on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services was recently released by
b) World Wild Fund
c) Conservation International
d) None of the above
• The IPBES Global Assessment Report on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services is the most comprehensive ever completed. It is the first intergovernmental Report of its kind and builds on the landmark Millennium Ecosystem Assessment of 2005, introducing innovative ways of evaluating evidence.
• Nature is declining globally at rates unprecedented in human history — and the rate of species extinctions is accelerating, with grave impacts on people around the world now likely, warns a landmark new report from the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)
3) Pacific Decadal Oscillation, often seen in news, is related to
a) Satellite technology
b) Naval exercise
c) Monsoonal rains
d) Deep sea fishing
• Northeast India, one of the wettest places on the Earth has been experiencing rapid drying, especially in the last 30 years.
• Changes in the Pacific decadal oscillation (PDO) — a pattern of fluctuations in the ocean, particularly over the north Pacific basin — are mainly associated with this declined rainfall
4) Sea of Japan is bordered by which of the following countries?
a) North Korea, China, Japan
b) Japan, Philippines, Vietnam
c) South Korea, Russia, Japan
d) None of the above
• In a surprise move, North Korea launched a “barrage” of unidentified short-range projectiles into the Sea of Japan
• The Sea of Japan is the marginal sea between the Japanese archipelago, Sakhalin, the Korean Peninsula and Russia. The Japanese archipelago separates the sea from the Pacific Ocean. It is bordered by Japan, South Korea and Russia.
5) Schedule 10 of the Indian Constitution is related to
b) Salaries of certain executives
c) Union and state lists
d) Scheduled tribes
• The Supreme Court on Monday stayed proceedings initiated by Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker P. Dhanapal for disqualification of three AIADMK MLAs for “anti-party activities” by supporting rival T.T.V. Dhinakaran.
• It has been held by the court that it would be constitutionally impermissible for the Speaker to adjudicate a dispute of disqualification petition under the Tenth Schedule of the Constitution while a notice of resolution for his own removal from the office of Speaker is pending