News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 13 May 2019
- May 15, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following has become the second country in the world to declare a climate emergency?
• Ireland has become the second country in the world to declare a climate emergency.
• The Dáil made the decision after an amendment to a parliamentary climate action report was agreed by both the Government and the opposition parties
2) The United Nations will hold the 2020 Ocean Conference in which city?
d) Addis Ababa
• United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) decided to hold its 2020 high-level conference early June in Portugal’s Lisbon to support the sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources.
• The UNGA decides to convene the high-level 2020 United Nations Conference to support the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development in Lisbon, from June 2 to 6, 2020
3) International Nurses Day is celebrated as the birthday anniversary of who among the following?
a) Florence Nightingale
b) Mother Teresa
c) Clara Barton
d) Mary Breckinridge
• ternational Nurses Day 2019 was celebrated by the nurses all across the world on Sunday, the 12th of May.
• International Nurses Day theme 2019 was – “Nurses – A Voice to Lead – Health for All”.
• In the month of January in 1974, the 12th of May was declared to be celebrated as the birthday anniversary of the founder of modern nursing, the Florence Nightingale
4) Which among the following are the first to be given the Special Category status?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
d) All of the above
• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has demanded special category status from Centre for his disaster-prone state, saying it faces natural calamities almost every year.
• The NDC first accorded SCS in 1969 to Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Nagaland.
• Over the years, eight more states were added to the list — Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura and, finally, in 2010, Uttarakhand. Until 2014-15, SCS meant these 11 states received a variety of benefits and sops.
5) MANAV: Human Atlas Initiative towards improving knowledge on human physiology was recently launched by
a) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
b) Department of Biotechnology
c) Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
d) NITI Aayog
• For the first time, Indian scientists will be mapping every single tissue of the human body to have deeper understanding of the roles of tissues and cells linked to various diseases.
• Department of Biotechnology (DBT) launched MANAV: Human Atlas Initiative works towards improving knowledge on human physiology.