News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 May 2019
- May 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) ‘Christchurch call to action’, a global initiative India has recently joined is related to
b) Climate change
c) Plastic pollution
d) Drug trafficking
• India has joined a major global initiative to combat terrorism and extremism online and secure the internet.
• The initiative — ‘Christchurch call to action’ — has been named after the New Zealand city where 51 people were killed in an attack on mosques.
• The declaration on Christchurch call to action said a free, open and secure internet is a powerful tool by which to promote connectivity, enhance social inclusiveness and foster economic growth.
2) A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) for taking up a project of ‘Plantation of Rudraksha Trees’ in which state?
• To take the initiative towards a greener ecosystem in Ganga Basin to a higher level, it has been decided to plant 10,000 Rudraksha trees in the catchment area of river Ganga.
• In this concern, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), HCL Foundation and INTACH for taking up a project of ‘Plantation of Rudraksha Trees in Uttarakhand’ under the ‘Namami Gange’ Programme
3) NASA’s Artemis project, recently seen in news, is related to
• NASA has just announced a major step forward in its plan to send astronauts to the Moon by 2024: task order awards to three commercial partners to deliver NASA science and technology instruments to the Moon. This is one of many recent milestones to come in new Artemis program to explore the Moon.
4) Project SPARROW-CBIC is related to
a) Tax grievances of citizens
b) Easing GST compliance
c) Annual Performance Appraisal Report
d) All of the above
• Project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’ for online writing of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) in SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window) for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Officers of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) implemented
• It brings a complete change in APAR management of such large number of Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ Officers/ Staff of CBIC, which would, in turn, lead to better HR Management
5) India will set up its military space agency which will be headquartered at which city?
a) New Delhi
• India will set up its military space agency headquartered at Bengaluru with fighter pilot Air Vice Marshal SP Dharkar as its likely head, as per reports. The space agency is likely to command all space assets of the Army, Air Force and Navy.