News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 May 2019
- May 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Botswana is located in
c) South America
d) North America
• Third Round of Foreign Office Consultations between India and the Republic of Botswana was held today on 15th May, 2019 in New Delhi.
• Botswana, a landlocked country in Southern Africa, has a landscape defined by the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta, which becomes a lush animal habitat during the seasonal floods.
2) Which of the following recently became the first nation in Asia to recognize same-sex marriage?
• Taiwan’s parliament has become the first in Asia to legalise same-sex marriage following a vote.
• In 2017, the island’s constitutional court ruled that same-sex couples had the right to legally marry.
3) SIMBEX is a naval exercise conducted between India and
a) Sri Lanka
d) South Africa
• On successful completion of IMDEX 19, IN ships Kolkata and Shakti are continuing their stay at Singapore to participate in the annual Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise SIMBEX-2019 scheduled from 16 May to 22 May 19.
• Since its inception in 1993, SIMBEX has grown in tactical and operational complexity. The annual bilateral exercise saw its progression from traditional anti-submarine exercises to more complex maritime exercises such as advanced air defence operations, anti air/ surface practice firings, tactical exercises, etc
4) Article 324 of the Indian Constitution is related to
a) Attorney General
c) National Human Rights Commission
d) Election Commission of India
• The Election Commission has invoked its powers under Art 324 to curtail campaigning in West Bengal following violence in Kolkata
• Article 324 vests “in an Election Commission” the “superintendence, direction and control of elections”. Parliament enacted The Representation of the People Act, 1950 and The Representation of the People Act, 1951 to define and enlarge the powers of the Commission.
5) National Institute of Nutrition is located in which city?
b) New Delhi
• The National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) said that it stands by its findings certifying mid-day meals without onion and garlic provided by the Akshaya Patra Foundation (APF) in Karnataka schools as compliant with nutritional norms laid down by the State government.
• The National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) is an Indian Public health, Nutrition and Translational research center located in Hyderabad, India.