News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 May 2019
- May 22, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Vayoshreshtha Samman- National Awards for Senior Citizens 2019 was instituted by
a) Department of Social Justice and Empowerment
b) NITI Aayog
d) Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
• The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment as part of celebration of the International Day of Older Persons (IDOP) on 1st October every year has been conferring National Award – Vayoshreshtha Samman to eminent senior citizens and institutions involved in rendering distinguished services for the cause of elderly persons.
2) ‘Not all animals migrate by choice’ campaign was recently launched by
a) UN Environment India
b) Wildlife Crime Control Bureau
c) Bombay Natural History Society
d) Both a and b
• Ahead of the International Day of Biological Diversity celebrated on May 22, UN Environment India and Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) of India launched an awareness campaign ‘Not all animals migrate by choice’ to be displayed at major airports across the country.
• It aims at creating awareness and garnering public support for the protection and conservation of wildlife, prevention of smuggling and reduction in demand for wildlife products.
3) The National Register of Citizens (NRC) is a register containing names of all genuine Indian citizens residing in which state?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
• Supreme Court has held that a tribunal’s order declaring a person as an illegal foreigner will be binding and prevail over the government decision to exclude or include the name from the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam.
4) ‘Kibble Balance’, recently seen in news is related to
a) Rebooting kilogram
b) Ozone depletion
c) Great pacific garbage patch
d) Space debris
• ‘Kibble Balance’ is a device that was used to measure the Planck Constant and thereby reboot the kilogram
• A Kibble balance or watt balance is an electromechanical measuring instrument that measures the weight of a test object very precisely by the electric current and voltage needed to produce a compensating force.
5) Mohalla clinic initiative was first launched by which of the following states?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
• Started inside a two-room portacabin in Peeragarhi in 2015, Delhi’s mohalla clinic initiative is set to be extended to several states, with Telangana, Karnataka, Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir expressing interest in adopting the flagship project.
• Inspired by the ambitious health scheme launched by the Aam Aadmi Party government, the Jharkhand government has announced that it will set up such clinics in urban slums. Sticking to the ‘mohalla clinic’ name, state authorities said they will provide free treatment and diagnostic services at the centres.