News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 May 2019
- May 24, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following recently won the Man Booker International Prize 2019?
a) Christoph Ransmayr
b) Wu Ming-Yi
c) Gabriela Ybarra
d) Jokha Alharthi
• Omani author Jokha Alharthi has become the first Arabic-language writer to win the prestigious Man Booker International Prize for Celestial Bodies, a novel that deals with family connections and history in the coming-of-age account of three sisters.
2) TAPI gas pipeline project does not include which of the following countries?
• The Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India Pipeline, also known as Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline, is a natural gas pipeline being developed by the Galkynysh – TAPI Pipeline Company Limited with participation of the Asian Development Bank.
3) IMCOR exercise was recently conducted between India and
• Myanmar Navy Ship UMS King TabinShweHtee (773) and UMS Inlay (OPV-54) have arrived Port Blair on 20 May for the ‘Opening Ceremony’ of the 8th Indo-Myanmar coordinated patrol (IMCOR), at Andaman and Nicobar Command.
• The CORPAT initiative between the two navies is meant to address issues of terrorism, illegal fishing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, poaching and other illegal activities inimical to interest of both nations.
4) ‘Room for the River’ project is an initiative of which of the following countries?
• At the beginning of his 13-day European tour, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had made a stop at Noordward in the Netherlands, the site of the ‘Room for the River’ project.
• The flagship project of the Dutch government is centred around protecting areas adjoining rivers from routine flooding and improving water management systems in delta regions.
5) Ongole, recently seen in news, is a breed of
• The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has lamented the neglect of the indigenous Ongole cattle breed and called for protecting and promoting the animal, which has become popular all over the world.
• Releasing a Compendium on Ongole breed of cattle at the Swarna Bharat Trust in Vijayawada, the Vice President asserted that cattle wealth was national wealth and pointed out that Brazil which has imported these cattle and produced hybrid Ongoles was earning huge revenue through export.