News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 May 2019
- May 27, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The Shanghai Cooperation Organization is headquartered in
d) St Petersburg
• The Second Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum is being held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 23-26 May, 2019. A Delegation from I&B Ministry comprising of Shri TVK Reddy, Addl. Director General and Shri Ankur Lahoty, Asst. Director is representing India at the Forum.
• The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance headquartered in Beijing
2) Square Kilometre Array (SKA), the world’s largest radio telescope, is planned to be set up in
c) South Africa
• Scientists at Cambridge have finished designing the ‘brain’ of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), the world’s largest radio telescope.
• The Square Kilometre Array (SKA) is a radio telescope project proposed to be built in Australia and South Africa
3) Athena and LISA space missions have been planned by
• Two planned ESA missions, Athena and LISA, will allow NASA to study these intergalactic collisions and their mysterious aftermath.
• This is a unique opportunity to perform unprecedented observations of one of the most fascinating phenomena in the cosmos
• Supermassive black holes sit at the centre of most massive galaxies across the universe.
4) The dissolution of the sixteenth Lok Sabha was done by
a) Prime Minister
d) Cabinet Secretary
• The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, today gave its approval to the Resolution advising the President to dissolve the Sixteenth Lok Sabha, which was constituted on 18.05.2014.
• The life of the present Lok Sabha is, therefore, to expire on June 3, 2019, unless the President dissolves it earlier.
5) EQUIP project, recently seen in news, is related to
a) Resolution of bad loans
c) Defence training
d) Biodiversity conservation
• In what could be one of the first new initiatives of the second act of the NDA government, the Ministry of Human Resource Development plans to launch an ambitious ₹1.5 lakh crore action plan to improve the quality and accessibility of higher education over the next five years.
• EQUIP stands for the Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme and was crafted by ten committees led by experts within the government.