News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 May 2019
- May 30, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) With reference to India’s freedom struggle, Abhinav Bharat Society was founded by
a) Sardar Patel
b) S C Bose
c) V D Savarkar
d) Bhagat Singh
• Veer Savarkar is also known as Vinayak Damodar Savarkar. Veer Savarkar was a freedom fighter, politician, lawyer, writer, social reformer and formulator of the Hindutva philosophy.
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested AKASH-MK-1S, which is a/an
a) Scramjet ballistic missile
b) Air to air missile
c) Surface to air anti-aircraft missile
d) Submarine launched cruise missile
• India successfully test fired an Akash-MK-1S missile from the integrated test range at Chandipur in Odisha, the Defence Ministry said.
• The surface-to-air anti-aircraft missile with a strike range of 25 km and capability to carry warhead of 60 kg was test fired on May 25 and May 27
3) Which of the following is not a BIMSTEC country?
• India has invited the leaders of Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal and Bhutan to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s inauguration on 30 May, signalling the primacy of neighbourhood and economic diplomacy, as well as connectivity, in Modi’s second term in office.
• The last time around, in 2014, Modi had invited the leaders of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc)—Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka—besides the prime minister of Mauritius.
4) ITC-HS Codes based on Harmonized System of Coding was adopted in India for
a) Resolving bad loans
b) Import-export operations
c) Afforestation funding
d) Phasing out chlorofluorocarbons
• ITC-HS Codes or better known as Indian Trade Clarification based on Harmonized System of Coding was adopted in India for import-export operations. Indian custom uses an eight digit ITC-HS Codes to suit the national trade requirements
5) Women in Business and Management report was recently released by
c) World Bank
d) UN Women
• ILO’s second global report on Women in Business and Management offers new insights into how gender diversity at the top improves organizational performance.
• These include how the many dimensions of an organization’s policies, a gender-balanced workforce and a gender-inclusive culture, among other factors, move the needle for more women to hold decision-making power.