News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 May 2019
- May 31, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following states have announced to launch India’s first blockchain district?
• Telangana to have India’s first blockchain district; woos firms with incentives
• The state government has conceptualised the country’s first ‘Blockchain District’, which will be a physical area within Hyderabad, aimed at creating the ecosystem.
• It will house all major Blockchain technology companies, a huge incubator and a world-class facility for promoting research, innovation and industry collaboration
2) National SC-ST Hub is being implemented by which organisation?
a) National Commission for SC
b) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
c) National Small Industries Corporation Limited
d) Khadi and Village Industries Commission
• The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2019-20.
• Under the scheme of National SC-ST Hub being implemented by NSIC on behalf of the Ministry of MSME, it will be a continued endeavour to provide assistance to SC/ST entrepreneurs through different interventions and various outreach activities with the overall objectives to increase their participation in public procurement.
3) Operation Safed Sagar, recently seen in news, is related to
a) Disaster management in Odisha
b) Black money
c) Sino-India war, 1962
d) Kargil war
• Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa visited Sarsawa Air Force Station to commemorate the sacrifice of warriors who laid down their life during Operation Safed Sagar in the Kargil war.
• Operation Safed Sagar was undertaken by the Air Force jointly to flush out infiltrators in the Kargil sector along the Line of Control.
4) Kappaphycus seaweed, recently seen in news, was fund to be a threat to
a) Coral reef
d) Ridley turtles
• The invasive Kappaphycus alvarezii seaweed, which smothers and kills coral reefs, has spread its wings to coral reef areas in Valai island in the Gulf of Mannar (GoM) and set to invade new coral colonies in the marine national park
5) Papua New Guinea is located in near which sea?
a) Red Sea
b) Bismarck Sea
c) Baltic Sea
d) Caribbean Sea
• James Marape, a former finance minister and critic of a major global gas development deal, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea (PNG).
• Papua New Guinea, in the south-western Pacific, encompasses the eastern half of New Guinea and its offshore islands.