News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 30 May 2019
- June 1, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Malaria is transmitted by
c) Aedes Aegypti
d) Sand Fly
• Malaria is a parasitic disease transmitted through the bite of female Anopheles mosquitoes.
• World Health Organization (WHO) declared Argentina and Algeria ‘malaria-free’ in 2019
2) It is legal to hunt African Elephants under Appendix I of CITES regulation in
d) South Africa
• Botswana lifted the ban on elephant hunting. Botswana will now issue 400 trophy-hunting licenses annually. This is the number permitted under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, or CITES.
3) Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO) is associated with
c) Fusion reactor
d) Particle accelerator
• It is a large-scale coupling between atmospheric circulation and tropical deep atmospheric convection.
• Both El Nino and MJO are ocean-atmosphere interactions that occur in the equatorial region. It has two phases: dry and wet.
4) Which of the following are phases of ENSO?
a) El Niño
b) La Niña
d) All of the above
• El Niño leads to decreased rain fall to India while La Niña Increases it.
• ENSO cycle consists of a neutral phase other than El Niño and La Niña.
5) Which among the following is not associated with India Japan relationship?
a) Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail
b) Swachh Bharat Mission
c) UN Security Council reform
d) None of the above
• Mumbai–Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor will use Japan Railways Shinkansen E5 Series Electric multiple unit for its rolling stock.
• India has been calling for the reform of the UN Security Council along with Brazil, Germany and Japan for long
• Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has offered his government’s support to the Swachh Bharat Mission, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation