News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 01 Jun 2019
- June 3, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) S400 Triumf missile is been in news recently. From which country will India purchase this technology?
• India had committed last October to purchasing a Russian S-400 Triumf long-range missile defence shield for about $5 billion. The deal has run the risk of attracting sanctions from the U.S. under a 2017 law — the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).
2) National Green Tribunal (NGT) is established under
a) Environmental Protection Act
b) Wildlife Protection Act
c) Forest (Conservation Act
d) None of the above
• It is established under the National Green Tribunal Act 2010 for effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection. The Tribunal is mandated to dispose of applications within 6 months of filing of the same.
3) Which of the following mountains and the country located is not correctly matched?
a) Mt. Everest : Nepal
b) Mt. Elbrus : Antartica
c) Mt. Kilimanjaro: Tanzania
d) Mt. Aconcagua : Argentina
• The Seven Summits challenge is a daunting mountaineering feat that involves scaling the highest mountains of each of the seven continents. Mt. Kosciuszko will be the fifth summit on Mr. Himmamsa’s list, as he has already scaled Mt. Everest (Nepal), Mt. Elbrus (Russia/Georgia), Mt. Kilimanjaro (Tanzania, Africa) and Mt. Aconcagua (Argentina, South America).
• After Mt. Kosciuszko, Mr. Himmamsa will have to scale Mt. Denali in North America and Vinson Massif in Antarctica to complete the challenge.
4) National Defence Fund is set up to take charge of voluntary donations in cash and kind received for promotion of the national defence effort. Which of the following can access the benefit of this fund?
d) All of the above
• It is set up to take charge of voluntary donations in cash and kind received for promotion of the national defence effort.
• It is used for the welfare of the members of the Armed Forces including Para Military Forces.
5) Which of the following kinds of orangutan is endemic to India?
d) None of the above
• None of the three kinds of orangutan are endemic to India.