News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Jun 2019
- June 5, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Bhuvan Portal is an initiative of
d) None of the above
• ISRO’s Geo-portal, Bhuvan is providing visualisation services and Earth observation data to users in public domain.
2) National Statistical Office comes under the
a) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
b) Ministry of Finance
c) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
d) Niti Aayog
• National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) will be merged with the Central Statistics Office to form the National Statistical Office (NSO)
• NSO will be working under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI).
3) Which of the following state/UT has the largest forest cover in terms of percentage of forest cover to total area?
a) Madhya Pradesh
• Indian State of Forest Report is published by Forest Survey of India (FSI) in a biennial format.
• Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest cover in India. In terms of percentage of forest cover, Lakshadweep has the maximum.
4) CRISPR-Cas9 is associated with
a) Gene editing
b) Blockchain Technology
c) Internet of things
d) HIV medicine
• The CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing tool thus has two components — a short RNA sequence that can bind to a specific target of the DNA and the Cas9 enzyme which acts like a molecular scissor to cut the DNA.
• To edit a gene of interest, the short RNA sequence that perfectly matches with the DNA sequence that has to be edited is introduced. Once it binds to the DNA, the Cas9 enzyme cuts the DNA at the targeted location where the RNA sequence is bound.
• Once the DNA is cut, the natural DNA repair mechanism is utilised to add or remove genetic material or make changes to the DNA.
5) Branch of technology concerned with the combined use of electronics and light:
d) None of the above
• Materials such as tungsten diselenide (WSe2) and molybdenum diselenide are being studied keenly for their opto-electronic properties – a combination of optics and electronics. A key property of these materials is photoluminescence, in which the material absorbs light and re-emits it as a spectrum.
• When they drop-cast gold nanoparticles on the surface of the monolayer tungsten diselenide, they find that the dark excitons couple to the surface fields generated and recombine to give off light quanta.