News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Jun 2019
- June 6, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS IAS
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following wetlands is not protected under Ramsar Convention?
b) Point Calimere
• Under Ramsar Convention, it is mandatory on the part of the Government of India to protect and conserve all the wetlands specified in list under the convention.
• Majuli is a riverine island in Brahmaputra river.
2) Consider the following related to diamonds formation:
• Volcanic lava that leads to the formation of diamond is termed as kimberlite.
• Both diamonds and graphite are made of the same element, carbon.
3) Karikiyoor Rock Paintings is linked to which of the following tribe?
• Members of Irula tribal community in the Nilgiri forests of Tamil Nadu are demanding that the state and central government take note of the pre-historic art on the rocks in Karikiyoor at Kil Kotagiri.
• Those who painted the symbols on these rocks possibly date back to the Indus Valley civilisation.
• The rock paintings in Karikiyoor contain an analogous-Indus script which resembles scripts found in Indus civilisation sites of northern India, including Madhya Pradesh.
4) Nipah Virus spreads through
a) Fruit bats
c) Sand fly
• It spreads to human and other animals through fruit bats.
• There is no vaccine available for the infection.
5) The Ramsar Convention on Wetlands of International Importance especially as Waterfowl Habitat is an international treaty for the conservation and sustainable use of wetlands. Where is Ramsar located?
• It is named after the city of Ramsar in Iran, where the Convention was signed in 1971.