News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Jun 2019
- June 8, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following state has launched India’s first trading programme to combat particulate air pollution – the emission trading scheme (ETS)?
• Gujarat launched India’s first trading programme to combat particulate air pollution on World Environment Day 2019, which has air pollution as its theme.
• Globally, cap-and-trade systems have been used to reduce other forms of pollution, such as programmes that have successfully reduced sulphur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the United States. But the Gujarat programme is the first in the world to regulate particulate air pollution.
2) Ganga Praharis is an initiative by
a) Wild Life Institute of India
b) Wetlands International
c) Birdlife International
d) None of the above
• Roped-in by Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun as part of the “Biodiversity Conservation and Ganga Rejuvenation” project being sponsored by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the aegis of the Namami Gange programme, these Ganga Praharis are well trained in ecological monitoring of Ganga aqua life, plantation techniques, awareness creation and community mobilization.
• One national level training program was conducted recently at Rishikesh for Ganga Praharis from all five main stem Ganga basin states. The Praharis were imparted training on biodiversity, solid waste management, community engagement and cleanliness.
3) Which among the following Cabinet Committees are not chaired by Prime minister?
a) Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
b) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.
c) Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs.
d) Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs.
• Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs is headed by Shri Raj Nath Singh, Minister of Defence.
4) How many Economic Census were conducted before Economic Census -2019?
• Economic Census – 2019 is the 7th Economic Census conducted in India.
5) 2019 IDA – Global Disability Summit was held in
• According to a release, the Government of Argentina Republic, the International Alliance Disability (IDA) and the Latin American Network of Non-Governmental Organizations of Persons with Disabilities and their Families (RIADIS) are hosting the “2nd Global Disability Summit” in Buenos Aires from June 6 to 8.
• The objective of the summit is to deliberate on issues across the world concerning empowerment and inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and to work out a mechanism for enabling them to live an independent and dignified life.