News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Jun 2019
- June 9, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following committee is associated with Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs)?
a) Raveendra Dolakiya
b) Shanta Kumar
c) Kokate Committee
d) Justice Rohini Committee
• The Kokate Committee discussed a total of 418 FDCs “in detail” in consultation with subject experts of relevant therapeutic areas, examined “all” the data submitted by the companies and also reviewed scientific data before it declared these 324 FDCs “irrational”, according to minutes of the Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB) that formed the sub-committee to look into the issue
2) Which of following statements folk arts and associated states are wrongly matched?
a) Ottan Thullal : Kerala
b) Thang tha : Manipur
c) Fugdi : Goa
d) None of the above
• Ottan Thullal is a dance and poetic performance form of Kerala, introduced in the 18th century by Kunchan Nambiar
• Huyen langlon is an Indian martial art from Manipur. In the Meitei language, huyen means war while langlon or langlong can mean net, knowledge or art. Huyen langlon consists of two main components: thang-ta and sarit sarak.
• Fugdi and Dhalo are the most common folk dances of Goa. The Kunbi is a tribal folk dance.
3) Which of the following is associated with Arribada?
a) Olive Ridleys
d) None of the above
• Olive Ridleys are categorised as vulnerable as per IUCN.
4) Which of the following country is not one of the members of African Union (AU)?
d) South Africa
• The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999).
• Sudan has been suspended from the African Union (AU) amid growing fears that splits among the ruling military regime could lead to civil war and anarchy.
5) World Food Safety Day is observed on
a) July 29
b) July 7
c) June 7
d) June 1
• The first-ever World Food Safety Day, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018, will be celebrated on 7 June 2019 under the theme “Food Safety, everyone’s business”. WHO, in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is pleased to facilitate Member States effort to celebrate the World Food Safety Day this year and in coming years.