News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 19 Jun 2019
- June 21, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The World Population Prospects 2019 was recently released by
b) World Bank
c) United Nations
d) Population Connection
• India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country in the next eight years.
• As per a United Nations report, India is expected to add nearly 273 million people between 2019 and 2050 and remain the most populated country through the end of the current century.
• The UN report ‘The World Population Prospects 2019’ added that the world’s population is expected to increase by two billion people in the next 30 years — from 7.7 billion currently to 9.7 billion in 2050.
2) The Chief Minister’s Yuva Sambal Yojana, in which unemployed youth will be given unemployment allowance, was launched by
a) West Bengal
• Unemployed youth having graduation or equivalent degree will be given unemployment allowance up to Rs 3,500 by the Rajasthan government, an official statement said.
• They will get the benefit of the Chief Minister Yuva Sambal Yojana from February this year, the statement read.
3) Anthrax is a deadly human disease caused by
a) Yersinia pestis
b) Bacillus anthracis
c) Neisseria anthracis
d) Francisella tularensis
• A group of Indian scientists have developed a new vaccine against anthrax. It is claimed to be superior over existing vaccines as it can generate immune response to anthraxtoxin as well as its spores rather than the toxin alone.
• Anthrax is a deadly human disease caused by bacterium Bacillus anthracis that also infects animals like horses, sheep, cattle and goats. Humans, pigs and dogs are comparatively less susceptible and only get infected if exposed to copious amount of spores.
• In 2001, these spores were used as agents of bio-terrorism when letters containing anthrax spores were sent to some people in America, leading to widespread panic.
4) The tool, known as ‘AWaRe’, launched by WHO is related to
b) Trans fat
c) Anti-biotic use
• The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a global campaign that urges countries to adopt its new online tool aimed at guiding policy-makers and health workers to use antibiotics safely and more effectively. Its objective is to limit drugs that are at risk of resistance.
• The tool, known as ‘AWaRe’, classifies antibiotics into three groups:
• Access — antibiotics used to treat the most common and serious infections
• Watch — antibiotics available at all times in the healthcare system
• Reserve — antibiotics to be used sparingly or preserved and used only as a last resort
5) Who among the following has been elected as the Speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha?
a) Virendra Kumar Khatik,
b) Om Birla
c) Sushma Swaraj
d) Sumitra Mahajan
• Om Birla, a two-time Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from Rajasthan, was elected Speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha.
• The motion to choose Birla as the speaker was moved by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is also Leader of the House, and passed by a voice vote.