News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Jun 2019
- June 22, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following is not a member of Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)?
a) RBI Governor
b) IRDAI chief
c) IBBI chairman
d) None of the above
• Financial sector regulators, including RBI Governor, Sebi Chairman, and IRDAI chief, and top finance ministry officials were present in the meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) headed by the finance minister, an official release said.
• Finance Secretary, Financial Services Secretary, Revenue Secretary and Expenditure Secretary attended the meeting along with IBBI chairman, and Corporate Affairs Secretary.
• It is chaired by Union Finance Minister.
2) Which among the following is not one of the parameters used for QS World Best Universities Ranking 2020?
a) Faculty-Student ratio
b) No. of Citations
c) No. of International Students/Faculty
d) All of the above
• Parameters are:
o Faculty -student ratio
o No. of International Students/Faculty
3) World Population Prospects is released by
• Many small island developing states (SIDS) may fail to achieve several Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 because of increasing population and climate change risks, according to the United Nation’s report on World Population Prospects 2019.
4) Which among the following institute ranked top in QS World University Ranking
a) IIT Delhi
b) IISc Bangalore
c) IIT Bombay
d) IIT Madras
• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has emerged as the top Indian institute in the QS World University Ranking 2020. Ranked at 152nd position, IIT-Bombay is first to be featured in the list of global top 200 this year.
5) World Refugee Day observed on
a) June 20
b) March 20
c) July 13
d) None of the above
• The event, held on 20 June each year, honours the courage and determination of those who have been forced to flee their homes. This year, UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency is asking people from all walks of life to join the #StepWIthRefugees global challenge in solidarity with refugees who each year trek 1 billion miles to reach the nearest point of safety.