News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Jun 2019
- June 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) India is ranked ________ in the world in terms of honey production.
• The BDC report said beekeeping can be an important contributor in achieving the 2022 target of doubling farmer incomes.
• As per Food and Agricultural Organisation database, India ranked eighth in the world in terms of honey production (64.9 thousand tonnes) in 2017-18 while China stood first with a production level of 551 thousand tonnes.
2) Olympics 2020 will be held in
a) South Korea
• Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports is implementing Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) within overall ambit of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) for providing financial assistance to elite athletes included in TOPS for their customized training in world class training institutes/academies within the country and abroad for supporting Indian athletes for Tokyo Olympics, 2020.
3) Who acts as ex-officio Chairman of the North Eastern Council?
a) Prime Minister
b) Home Minister
c) Minister of Development of North Eastern Region
d) None of the above
• NEC was established under the North Eastern Council Act, 1971as an apex level body for securing balanced and coordinated development and facilitating coordination with the States.
• Union Home Minister as ex-officio Chairman of North Eastern Council (NEC).
4) UK Sinha committee is constituted to give recommendations on
a) Restructuring MSME funding
b) Corporate governance
c) Non-performing assets
d) None of the above
• A committee formed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), headed by former SEBI Chairman U.K. Sinha, has recommended a Rs. 5,000 crore distressed asset fund for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
5) Strait of Hormoz connects
a) Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman
b) Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean
c) Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea
d) Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea
• The Strait of Hormuz lies between Oman and Iran. It links the Gulf north of it with the Gulf of Oman to the south and the Arabian Sea beyond. It is 33 km wide at its narrowest point, with the shipping lane just three km wide in either direction.