News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Jun 2019
- July 1, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Gaganyaan Project will circle Earth in
a) Low Earth orbit
b) Geosynchronous orbit (GSO)
c) High Earth orbit
d) None of the above
• Gaganyaan project is approved by Government of India and is operating under a newly formed Centre, Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC).
• It is India’s first Human Space Flight Programme set for 2022.
2) Which one of the following is not a full-time member of G20?
• Full membership of the G20 are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union.
3) Who turned Harimandir Sahib at Amritsar into the Golden Temple by covering it with gold?
a) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
b) Maharaja Sher Singh
• He was given the title Lion of Punjab (Sher-e-Punjab) because he stemmed the tide of Afghan invaders in Lahore, which remained his capital until his death. His general Hari Singh Nalwa built the Fort of Jamrud at the mouth of the Khyber Pass, the route the foreign rulers took to invade India.
• The Sikhs take pride in him for he turned Harimandir Sahib at Amritsar into the Golden Temple by covering it with gold. Right at the doorstep of the sanctum sanctorum of the temple is a plaque that details how in 1830 AD, the maharaja did sewa over 10 years
4) In a bid to cultivate, promote and enhance opportunities on business, academic and cultural fronts between Kobe and Ahmedabad, a sister-city agreement has been inked between the two cities. Where is Kobe located?
a) South Korea
c) South Africa
• In a bid to cultivate, promote and enhance opportunities on business, academic and cultural fronts between Kobe in Japan and Ahmedabad in Gujarat, India, a sister-city agreement has been inked between the two cities.
• Kobe is located in the Hyogo Prefecture in Japan.
5) Which of the following country will organise Olympics 2026?
d) None of the above
• The International Olympic Committee on Monday voted to hold the 2026 Winter Olympic Games in Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy.
• It’ll be the first time the Games will be held in Italy since Turin hosted in 2006.