News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Jul 2019
- July 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following scheme replaced ASIDE for creating infrastructure for growth of exports?
a) Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES)
b) Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS)
c) Service Exports from India Scheme (SEIS)1 only
d) None of the above
• After delinking of the ASIDE Scheme in 2015, the State Governments have been consistently requesting the support of the Centre in creation of export infrastructure. This support is imperative to act as an inducement to the States to channelize funds from their increased devolution towards creation of export infrastructure. The objective of the proposed scheme is to enhance export competitiveness by bridging gaps in export infrastructure, creating focused export infrastructure, first mile and last mile connectivity for export-oriented projects and addressing quality and certification measures.
2) Financial Stability Report is published by
a) International Monetary Fund
b) Reserve Bank of India
c) Financial Action Task Force
d) Bank of International settlements
• The RBI’s latest Financial Stability Report makes a detailed diagnosis of the NBFC crisis
3) ‘Human Eccentric Rotator Device’ (HERD) is associated with
b) Uranium enrichment
c) Mental health
d) None of the above
• In films such as 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Martian, imaginary spacecraft generate their own gravity by spinning around in space. This is artificial gravity, which so far as existed only in science fiction. Now, a team from the University of Colorado at Boulder is working on making such technology a reality.
• The research centrifuge is called as ‘Human Eccentric Rotator Device’ (HERD).
4) Economic survey is prepared by
a) Department of Economic Affairs.
b) Department of Expenditure.
c) Department of Revenue.
d) Department of Financial Services.
• It is prepared by the Economic Division of the Department of Economic Affairs along with the Chief Economic Adviser in the finance ministry.
5) What was the rank of India in recently released Henley Passport Index
• The Henley Passport Index (HPI) is a global ranking of countries according to the travel freedom for their citizens.
• In the report published in 2019, India’s rank was 86.d