News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Jul 2019
- July 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who won gold in women’s 200m event at Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet?
a) Hima Das
b) V K Vismaya
c) Saritaben Gayekwad
d) None of the above
• Hima Das won the women’s 200m event for her third international gold medal in 11 days at the Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet at Kladno, Czech Republic.
2) Which of the following committee deal with privatisation of Indian railways?
a) Bibek Debroy Committee
b) UK Sinha committee
c) Bimal Jalan Committee
d) Vaidyanathan Committee
• There is “no question” of privatisation of the Indian Railways, but the Railway Ministry will invite investments for new technology, lines and projects in the national interest, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said in the Lok Sabha in response to the debate on Demands for Grants for his Ministry on Friday.
3) Who was voted as IOC Sportsperson of the Year?
a) Sharath Kamal
b) Cheteshwar Pujara
c) Simranjeet Singh
d) Manika Batra
• Sharath Kamal was voted the Sportsperson of the Year in the annual Indian Oil Sports Conclave at an impressive function in New Delhi on Monday.
4) Which of the following is the first state to have a state water policy?
• Amid the water crisis in the country, the Meghalaya cabinet became the first state to approve a draft water policy to address water issues, conservation, and protection of water sources in the state.
5) World Bank to offer $250 million for disaster management to
d) Tamil Nadu
• In an announcement on Monday, World Bank said it would offer a loan of $250 million to the Kerala Government for the Resilient Kerala project, aimed at enhancing the state’s resilience against the impacts of natural disasters and climate change in the wake of last year’s floods.