News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Jul 2019
- July 19, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who was recently appointed as the governor of Chhattisgarh?
a) Anandiben Patel
b) Balram Das Tandon
c) Anusuiya Uikey
d) Biswa Bushan Harichandan
• Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh Get New Governors. The files of their appointment was cleared by President Ram Nath Kovind after which a formal order was issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
• Sitting Rajya Sabha member Anusuiya Uikey and senior BJP leader Biswa Bushan Harichandan were on Tuesday appointed as governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh respectively.
2) Under Swadesh Darshan scheme, which of the following state doesn’t have a tribal circuit passing through it?
• The Ministry of Tourism, under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, has identified tribal circuit as one of the fifteen thematic circuits for development of tourism infrastructure in the country with the objective of showcasing tribal culture, art, handicrafts and providing livelihood and enhance employment opportunities for tribal populations in the country.
3) Who received Arjuna Award for cricket in 2019?
a) Smriti Mandhana
b) Deepti Sharma
c) Poonam Yadav
d) None of the above
• Indian opener Smriti Mandhana was conferred with the Arjuna Award on Tuesday by the Union Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Kiren Rijeju in a ceremony held in New Delhi. The southpaw had missed the Award function last year owing to international commitments.
4) Markandeshwar temple in Maharashtra is known as the “Khajuraho of Vidarbha”. It is located on the banks of river which is a tributary of
• The restoration work of Markandeshwar temple in Maharashtra by the Archaeological Survey of Indiais in full swing. Known as the “Khajuraho of Vidarbha”,the temple of Markandadeo is situated on the bank of River Wainganga.
• Wainganga is a river in India, originating in the Mahadeo Hills in Mundara near village Gopalganj in Seoni Madhya Pradesh. It is a tributary of the Godavari River.
5) Which country is to host the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Combined World Cup 2020?
c) S. Korea
d) None of the above
• Delhi has been granted hosting rights of the Combined ISSF World Cup, to be held before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the development underlining India’s growing stature in shooting sport.
• The International Shooting Sport Federation’s Combined World Cup involves events in rifle, pistol and shotgun..\