News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Jul 2019
- July 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following countries signed agreement with India to upgrade its railway lines?
a) Sri Lanka
• Sri Lanka has signed an agreement with India to upgrade tracks in a key railway segment connecting the north and south at a cost of $ 91.26 million.
2) Shailesh Nayak committee is constituted to give recommendations on
a) CRZ regulation
b) Desiltation of Ganga
c) Corporate governance
d) None of the above
• Shailesh Nayak committee on CRZ recommended relaxation on the terms set up by the CRZ 2011 notification.
3) When is the Nelson Mandela International Day observed every year?
a) 18th July
b) 19th June
c) 19th July
d) 18 June
• Nelson Mandela International Day 2018 marks 100 years since the birth of Nelson Mandela. The Centenary is an occasion to reflect on his life and legacy, and to follow his call to “make of the world a better place.” Mandela embodied the highest values of the United Nations. One hundred years after his birth, Mandela’s example of courage and compassion continue to inspire the world.
4) Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of
a) Ministry of corporate affairs
b) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
c) Ministry of commerce and industry
d) None of the above
• guidelines have been published by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC), Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO), National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), etc. for the design and construction of earthquake-resistant structures to minimize the loss of life and damage to property caused by earthquakes.
5) International Court of Justice is headquartered at
1. International Court of Justice (ICJ) is a judicial body to solve disputes among states independent of the UN.
2. It is composed of 15 judges elected to 9-year terms of office by the United Nations General Assembly and the Security Council.
Choose the correctly matched option using the codes given below
• The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is the principal judicial body of the UN.
• Established ICJ in 1945, ICJ has its headquarters at The Hague, Netherlands.