News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Aug 2019
- August 19, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who is considered as the founder of the Vedānta system of philosophy?
d) None of the above
• Badarayana is regarded as having written the basic text of the Vedanta system, the Brahma sutra.
• He is thus considered the founder of the Vedanta system of philosophy.
2) ‘Tawlhlohpuan’ of Mizoram which recently got the GI tag is a
d) None of the above
• Tawlhlohpuan, a compactly woven fabric from Mizoram, is known for warp yarns, warping, weaving and intricate designs that are made by hand, the release said. Tawlhlohpuan, which holds high significance in the Mizo society, is produced throughout the Mizoram — Aizawl and Thenzawl town being the main centres of production.
3) Tamil Nadu Becomes Fifth Indian State to Declare a State Butterfly. Other states include
d) All of the above
• Tamil Nadu has a total of 32 species of butterflies’ endemic to the state. With the latest policy initiative, it has become the fifth India state after Maharashtra with its Blue Mormon, Uttarakhand with its Common peacock, Karnataka with its Southern birdwings and Kerala with its Malabar banded peacock to bestow a state emblem status to one of its colourful insects. Incidentally, both Southern birdwings, which is the largest butterfly species found in India, and Malabar banded peacocks are, like the Tamil Yeoman, endemic to the Western Ghats as well.
4) KONKAN is an annual bilateral exercise between Indian Navy
a) Royal Navy of Britain
b) US Navy
c) Thailand Navy
d) Sri Lanka
• The 14th Edition of KONKAN series of annual bilateral exercises between Indian Navy and Royal Navy of Britain is currently underway off the South Coast of UK. This allows both Navies to develop greater confidence to operate together during maritime missions
5) Puanchei, a colourful shawl/textile, which recently got GI tag is from the state of
d) Tamil Nadu
• GI is an indication used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess the qualities or reputation that are due to that origin.
• The Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) recently registered GIs for
o Palani Panchamirtham in Palani Town, Tamil Nadu,
o Tawlhlohpuan and Mizo Puanchei from Mizoram
o Tirur Betel leaf from Kerala