News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Sep 2019
- September 9, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Indian army will participate in a multilateral exercise “TSENTR 2019” which is to be held in
• The exercise, to be held for two weeks, from September 9-23, is named TSENTR 2019. It is “part of the annual series of large-scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces’ annual training cycle”
2) Government, recently launched National Animal Disease Control Programme, a 100% centrally funded programme. It aims to iradicate
a) Foot and Mouth Disease
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• It aims to control foot and mouth disease and brucellosis by 2025 with vaccination and eventual eradication by 2030. The programme envisages 100 per cent vaccination coverage of cattle, buffaloes, sheep, goats and pigs at six months intervals.
3) Recently, Sahitya Akademi Award-winning writer Kiran Nagarkar passed away. Which of the following is not one of his works?
a) Ravan And Eddie
c) The Ivory Throne
d) Saat Sakkam Trechalis
• Nagarkar wrote his first book Saat Sakkam Trechalis in 1974 in his mother tongue, Marathi.
• It was his second novel, Ravan and Eddie (1994) about two unlikely protagonists, which cemented Nagarkar’s position as a post-colonialist Indian writer
• His historical fiction, Cuckold (1997), for which he was awarded the 2001 Sahitya Akademi Award in English firmly established Nagarkar’s reputation as a novelist unafraid to tackle politics, bigotry and extremism.
4) Great Indian Bustards (GIB), under IUCN, is classified as
a) Critically endangered
c) Least Concern
d) None of the above
• Noting the high mortality rate of the Great Indian Bustard, the National Green Tribunal has directed the Centre to prepare a time-bound action plan within two months for protection of the birds.
5) NASA’s ‘Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter’ (MRO) recently captured dust cloud as a result of
b) Earth quake
d) None if the above
• NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has captured an amazing picture of a massive avalanche on the Red Planet.