News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Sep 2019
- September 25, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a component of
a) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
b) SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion)
d) None of the above
• Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can help them get assessed and certified on their current competencies as per NSQF levels.
• RPL is a key element under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
2) Head on Generation (HOG) technology, which was seen recently in news is associated with
a) Pollution Control
b) Electric Vehicle
c) Space manoeuvring
d) None of the above
• Railway Ministry is upgrading all existing Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coaches with the Head on Generation (HOG) technology.
• This would cause the trains to become more cost-efficient and less polluting.
3) PACEsetter Fund programme is a combined effort of Governments of India and
• The Fund will award grants for direct support of innovative technology, business models, and programs including but not limited to: rural energy services companies (full scale integrated operators); rural distribution companies/franchisees; operations/maintenance companies; technology implementers/ system integrators; and enterprises.
• It is a INR 50 crore (USD 7.9 million) fund jointly capitalized by the Governments of the Republic of India and the United States of America.
4) Post Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) tool, recently organised by National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), was developed by
a) UN Development Group
b) World Bank
c) European Union
d) All of the above
• The PDNA tool was developed by the UN Development Group, the World Bank and the European Union as one of the key commitments of their 2008 agreement to develop and use common assessment and recovery planning approaches in post-crisis settings.
• National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), undertook the study for developing a scientific tool on Post Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA), under the National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project (NCRMP).
5) Kargil to Kohima (K2K) Ultra Marathon – “Glory Run” was recently Flagged off from KARGIL. Minimum number of states/UTs through which one has to travel to reach the destination including starting and ending states is
• Minimum number of states is 7: Jammu and Kashmir HP UP Bihar WB Assam Nagaland
• Kargil to Kohima (K2K) Ultra Marathon – “Glory Run”: States covered- Ladakh, HP, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West-Bengal, Assam and Nagaland.