News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 26 Dec 2019
- December 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following is the best governed Union Territory as per recently released Good Governance Index?
1. The rankings were launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, and the Centre for Good Governance.
2. Lakshadweep is the best governed Union Territory.
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
• Puducherry is the best governed Union Territory followed by Chandigarh and Delhi. Lakshadweep is the worst performing UT.
• The rankings were launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, and the Centre for Good Governance
2) Who was the editor of a Hindi magazine, ‘Hindosthan’?
a) Madan Mohan Malaviya
b) Sardar Patel
c) Rabindranath Tagore
d) None of the above
• Madan Mohan Malaviya was a freedom fighter and social reformer. He had served as the President of the INC on four occasions. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna posthumously in 2014. He was the editor of a Hindi magazine, ‘Hindosthan’.
3) Which among the following is the world’s longest highway tunnel at an altitude of above 10,000 feet?
a) Rohtang Tunnel
b) Chenani Nashri Tunnel
c) Pir Panjal Tunnel
d) None of the above
• The Rohtang tunnel connect Manali in Himachal Pradesh with Leh, Ladakh, and Jammu Kashmir, will be known as Atal Tunnel.
• It is the 8.8 km-long tunnel and it will be the world’s longest highway tunnel at an altitude of above 10,000 feet (3,000 metres).
4) Atal Bhujal Yojana (ATAL JAL) is a Central Sector Scheme under the Ministry of Jal Shakti. Which among the following loans amount into the project?
a) World Bank
• The total outlay of Rs 6,000 crore, 50% shall be in the form of World Bank loan and will be repaid by the Central Government.
5) Which among the following factors are considered while preparing Good Governance Index?
a) Citizen-Centric Governance
b) Economic Governance
c) Judicial & Public Security
d) All of the above
• The GGI takes into consideration ten sectors: 1). Agriculture and Allied Sectors, 2). Commerce & Industries, 3). Human Resource Development, 4). Public Health, 5). Public Infrastructure & Utilities, 6). Economic Governance, 7). Social Welfare & Development, 8). Judicial & Public Security, 9). Environment and 10). Citizen-Centric Governance.