News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Jan 2020
- January 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Last judicial resort available for redressal of grievances in court is
a) Curative Petition
b) Review Petition
c) Judicial Review
d) Presidential Pardon
• Curative Petition is the last judicial resort available for redressal of grievances in court which is normally decided by judges in-chamber. It is only in rare cases that such petitions are given an open-court hearing.
• Presidential Pardon is not a judicial remedy
2) Recently, The New York Times reported that the “near-extinct” language Seke has just 700 speakers around the world. Where is it spoken?
• Recently, The New York Times reported that the “near-extinct” Nepalese language Seke has just 700 speakers around the world.
3) Where is the highest number of identified wetlands located?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
• The highest number of such identified wetlands are Uttar Pradesh with 16, Madhya Pradesh with 13, Jammu & Kashmir with 12, Gujarat with 8, Karnataka with 7 and West Bengal with 6.
4) The “four wheels” of ZBNF are ‘Jiwamrita’, ‘Bijamrita’, ‘Mulching’ and ‘Waaphasa’. Which among the following definitions are correctly matched?
a) Jiwamrita – fermented mixture of cow dung and urine, jaggery, pulses flour, water and soil from the farm bund.
b) Bijamrita – providing water to maintain the required moisture-air balance
c) Mulching – mix of desi cow dung and urine, water, bund soil and lime
d) Waaphasa – covering the plants with a layer of dried straw or fallen leaves
• The father of ZBNF and Padma Shri Awardee, Sh. Subash Palekar has provided four important non-negotiable guidelines: Bijamrita (Seed Treatment using local cowdung and cow urine), Jiwamrita (applying inoculation made of local cowdung and cow urine without any fertilizers and pesticides), Mulching (activities to ensure favorable microclimate in the soil), and Waaphasa (soil aeration).
5) Sea Guardians 2020 is a joint naval drill between
a) Pakistan and Russia
b) Russia and China
c) China and Pakistan
d) Pakistan, Russia and China
• Sea Guardians 2020 is a joint naval drill between Pakistan and China. The latest edition is being held in Karachi.