News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 14 Jan 2020
- January 16, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Commissionerate system of policing is being implemented by the state of
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
• The Uttar Pradesh has approved the Commissionerate system of policing for state capital Lucknow, and Noida.
• It is supposed to allow for faster decision-making to solve complex urban-centric issues.
2) Which of the following cities were ranked first in the survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) to rank world’s fastest-growing urban areas?
• Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kollam were the only three cities to make it to the top 10 of the world’s fastest-growing cities.
• Malappuram was ranked No. 1 in the world rankings with a 44.1 per cent change between 2015 and 2020.
3) Which of the following is not a part of ‘Eight Wonders of the SCO?’
a) Statue of Unity
b) Taj Mahal
c) Great Mughals’ heritage at Lahore
d) Lake Issyk-Kul
• The Eight Wonders of the SCO are:
o India — the Statue of Unity.
o Kazakhstan — the Archaeological Landscape of Tamgaly.
o China — The Daming imperial palace complex.
o Kyrgyzstan — Lake Issyk-Kul.
o Pakistan — The Great Mughals’ heritage at Lahore.
o Russia — The Golden Ring cities.
o Tajikistan — The Palace of Nowruz.
o Uzbekistan — the Poi Kalon complex.
4) Hormuz Peace Initiative aims to stabilise the Strait of Hormuz, the gateway for a significant amount of global oil supplies. Strait of Hormuz separates
a) Iran and Oman
b) Iran and Somalia
c) Iran and Yemen
d) None of the above
• It is the waterway separates Iran and Oman, linking the Gulf to the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea.
5) Which among the following is not an Indian harvest festival?
a) Magha Bihu
• Various festivals being celebrated across the Nations:
o Makar Sankranti: Karnataka
o Pongal: Tamil Nadu
o Magha Bihu: Assam
o Uttarayan: Gujarat
o Maghi: Punjab
o Saaji: Himachal Pradesh
o Kicheri: Uttar Pradesh
• Outside India:
o Shakrain: Bangladesh
o Maghe Sankranti:Nepal