News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Jan 2020
- January 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The agreement to upgrade Ashuganj-Akhaura road into a 4-lane highway is signed between India and
• India and Bangladesh signed an agreement to upgrade Ashuganj-Akhaura road into a 4-lane highway on 24 January. The agreement aim is to upgrade the 50.58-kilometre long road between Ashuganj river port and the Akhaura land port in Bangladesh into a 4-lane highway.
2) Sagarmatha Sambaad, recently seen in news, is a diplomatic initiative by
c) Sri Lanka
• Sagarmatha Sambaad is the first ever multi-stakeholder diplomatic initiative of Nepal.
• The event will be focusing on the threat of climate change to the modern world.
3) Yarrabubba crater is the oldest known impact structure on Earth. It is located in
b) New Zealand
d) None of the above
• The Yarrabubba crater is an asteroid impact structure, the eroded remnant of a former impact crater, situated in the Mid West Western Australia.
• It as an precise age of 2.229 billion years, it is the oldest known impact structure on Earth.
4) World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2020 (WESO), recently seen in news, is released by
a) International Labour Organization (ILO)
b) World Economic Forum (WEF)
c) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
d) None of the above
• UN International Labour Organization (ILO) releases WESO report annually.
• The report analyses key labour market issues, including unemployment, labour underutilization, working poverty, income inequality, labour Income share and factors that exclude people from decent work
5) Arrange the following in the geological time scale in the increasing order:
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
a) 1 > 2 > 3
b) 2 > 3 > 1
c) 2 > 1 > 3
d) 3 > 1 > 2
Few classifications of geological time scale are as follows
• Age – is millions of years long
• Epoch – contains more than one age
• Period – contains more than one epoch
• Era – contains more than one period
• Eon – contains more than one era and is the longest division.