News & Events
1. Consider the following statements
1. India is one of the founding member of South Asia sub regional economic cooperation
2. South Asia Growth Quadrangle is the predecessor of South Asia Regional Economic Cooperation
3. World Bank is the financial supporter of South Asia sub regional economic cooperation
Which of the above statements is / are correct?
a. 1,2 and 3
b. 1 and 3 only
c. 2 only
d. 1 and 2 only
2. Consider the following statements on ‘Rastriya Vayoshri Yojana’
1. It is launched by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
2. It provides physical Aids and Assisted – Living Devices to all senior citizens of India.
Which of the above statements is / are true?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
3. Which among the following rivers that flows through India and Bangladesh originate in India?
a. 1 and 2 only
b. 2 and 3 only
c. 1, 2 and 3
d. 2 only
ANSWERS AND EXPLANATION
The SASEC program was formed in 2001 in response to the request of the four countries of South Asia – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal – from ADB to assist in facilitating economic cooperation among them. These four countries comprise the South Asia Growth Quadrangle (SAGQ), formed in 1996, as a vehicle for accelerating sustainable economic development through regional cooperation. Maldives and Sri Lanka joined SASEC in 2014, further expanding opportunities for enhancing economic linkages in the sub-region.
‘Rastriya Vayoshri Yojana’ is a Scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-Living Devices for Senior Citizens belonging to BPL Category. This was announced in the Budget 2015-16.
Kushiyara originates at Nagaland. Teesta originates from Pahunri glacier which is in the border of India (Sikkim) and Tibet, China. It flows through Sikkim.
Brahmaputra originates in the Angsi Glacier, located at Tibet where it is called Yarlung Tsangpo river.