News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Dec 2018
- December 12, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The first international conference on Sustainable Water Management under the aegis of National Hydrology Project was recently held in
• The first international conference under the aegis of National Hydrology Project, Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation will be held at Mohali.
• Theme: ‘Sustainable Water Management’. The theme of the Conference deals with promoting integrated and sustainable development and management of Water Resources.
o To foster the participation of and dialogue between various stakeholders including governments, the scientific and academic communities, so as to promote sustainable policies for water management.
o To create awareness of water-related problems.
o Motivate commitment at the highest level for their solution and thus promote better management of water resources at local, regional, national and international levels.
2) AviaIndra is a bilateral joint exercise between India and which of the following countries?
a) The USA
• A service specific exercise between the Indian Air Force and Russian Federation Aerospace Force will commence at Jodhpur.
• The first phase of the joint exercise called ‘Ex AVIAINDRA’ between IAF and RFSAF was conducted in 2014.
• EX Aviaindra is the second series of bilateral joint exercise which is planned in two phases between India and Russia.
• For the exercise, the foreign participants will not bring its air assets.
• Primary focus:
o The exercise will be focussed on anti-terrorist operations in a bilateral scenario and enhanced cooperation and understanding each other’s concept of Operations.
3) Exercise CrossBow 18 is a first-of-its-kind exercise conducted by
a) Indian Army
b) Indian Navy
c) Indian Air Force
d) Indian Coast Guard
• In a first of its kind exercise code-named CROSS BOW 18, the Indian Air Force successfully conducted combined guided weapons firing of Surface to Air Missiles from the Air Force station at Surya Lanka in Andhra Pradesh.
• CROSSBOW-18 saw the successful firing of four different classes of missiles like Akash, Spyder, OSA-AK-M and IGLA.
• Exercise CROSSBOW 18 was yet another milestone achieved by the IAF.
• It would help improve the combat skills of the missile squadron crew and also go a long way in strengthening the country’s air defence preparedness.
4) Which of the following is India’s three-stage solid propellant nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile?
d) Agni V
• India successfully test-fired nuclear-capable long-range ballistic missile Agni-V.
• This is the third successful launch of Agni-V this year and the fifth launch of the missile in a canisterised form.
• Agni-V is an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) with a strike range of over 5,000 km and can reach most parts of China.
• The launch was a user-assisted trial and the launch operations were carried out and monitored by the Strategic Forces Command (SFC).
• Agni-V is an intercontinental ballistic missile developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) of India.
• Agni V is part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Program.
• Agni series of missiles constitute the backbone of India’s nuclear weapons delivery which also includes the Prithvi short-range ballistic missiles and fighter aircraft.
• The submarine-based nuclear arsenal which assures second strike capability in the face of the proclaimed No-First-Use policy is taking shape with INS Arihant completing its first deterrence patrol recently.
5) The International Human Rights Day is celebrated on
a) November 5th
b) July 20th
c) December 10th
d) May 2nd
• Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year.
• The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the first global enunciation of human rights and one of the first major achievements of the new United Nations