News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Dec 2018
- December 14, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) @CyberDost’, a Twitter account, to spread awareness about cybercrimes and precautions was recently launched by
a) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
b) NITI Aayog
c) Ministry of Home
d) Delhi Police
• With an objective of spreading awareness about cybercrimes and precautions to be taken, the Ministry of Home Affairs has launched @CyberDost, Twitter handle where pertinent posts are being placed regularly.
• The General public and government employees will be immensely benefitted if they follow the twitter handle.
• The handle is also to mitigate possibilities of disruption in normal business activities or losses due to cybercrimes, Government of India is committed to creating an ecosystem to prevent and control cybercrimes.
2) Jau Kandhei Bahaghara is a traditional lac doll marriage celebrated in which of the following Indian states?
d) Jammu and Kashmir
• Odisha celebrates its traditional lac doll marriage on the banks of Chilika with pomp and splendor
• The marriage was organised in conformity with the Odia tradition of ‘jau kandhei bahaghara (lac doll marriage)’ by ‘Purbasa Lok-kala o Adivasi-kala Sangrahalaya’, an institution and museum at Barkul. ‘Forum for Ganjam’ of Berhampur is also involved in the development of this museum.
• The aim of this unique marriage ceremony was to promote traditional folk and tribal art forms and create awareness against social evils like dowry and child marriage. The marriage procession, which started from Berhampur, included performers of several folk dance forms of Ganjam district like Bagha Nacha (tiger dance), Ghoda Nacha (horse dance), Sakhi Nacha.
3) Who among the following has been named Times Person of the Year in 2018?
a) Donald Trump
b) Narendra Modi
c) Jamal Khashoggi
d) Naomi Osaka
• Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was murdered in October at his country’s Istanbul consulate, was named Time magazine’s “Person of the Year”
• It is the first time someone has been chosen posthumously for the prestigious cover.
• Among those named with Kashoggi were Philippine journalist Maria Ressa, Reuters reporters Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo — currently imprisoned in Myanmar — and the staff of the Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland, including five members killed in a June shooting.
4) International Mountain Day is observed on which of the following days?
a) December 11th
b) May 25th
c) October 3rd
d) June 4th
• The increasing attention to the importance of mountains led the UN General Assembly to declare 2002 the UN International Year of Mountains. On this occasion, the UN General Assembly has designated 11 December, from 2003 onwards, as “International Mountain Day”.
• International Mountain Day has its roots in 1992 when the adoption of Chapter 13 of Agenda 21 “Managing Fragile Ecosystems: Sustainable Mountain Development” at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development put a milestone in the history of mountain development.
• FAO is the coordinating agency for the coordinating this celebration (IMD) and is mandated to lead observance of it at the global level. The Water and Mountains Team of the Forestry Department is responsible for coordinating this international process.
5) Who among the following has been appointed as the chairperson of SWIFT India (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)?
a) Surjit Bhalla
b) Arvind Panagariya
c) Shaktikanda Das
d) Arundhathi Bhattacharya
• SWIFT India has appointed former SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya as the new Chairperson of its board.
• SWIFT India is a joint venture of top Indian public and private sector banks and SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication).
• Bhattacharya will succeed former banker M. V. Nair, who is stepping down after completing five years with the company, SWIFT India said in a statement.