News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Jan 2019
- January 13, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s longest single lane steel cable suspension bridge was recently inaugurated in
b) Arunachal Pradesh
• India’s longest 300-metre single lane steel cable suspension bridge was inaugurated by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu
• The bridge across the Siang river at Yingkiong in Upper Siang district has been named Byorung Bridge.
2) What is India’s rank in the Henley Passport Index, a global index for the world’s most powerful passport in 2019?
• Japan, for the second time in a row, has topped a global index for the world’s most powerful passport in 2019, while India ranked at the 79th position.
3) Which of the following boxers has attained number one position in the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) latest world rankings?
a) Katie Taylor
b) Claressa Maria Shields
c) Mary Kom
d) Alicia Ashley
• Six-time World Boxing Champion MC Mary Kom added another feather to her illustrious cap by attaining number one position in the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) latest world rankings
4) Gangajal project will provide which of the following cities with better and more assured water supply?
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation, Gangajal project, which will provide Agra with better and more assured water supply, at an estimated cost of Rs.2880 crores. Gangajal project aims to bring 140 cusecs of Ganga water to Agra. This will help meet the drinking water demands in the city.
5) 4th edition of the Raisina Dialogue, India’s flagship annual geopolitical and geostrategic conference, was recently held
d) New Delhi
• Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with Observer Research Foundation is organizing the 4th edition of the Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi from 08-10 January 2019. The Raisina Dialogue is India’s flagship annual geopolitical and geostrategic conference.