News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 21 Feb 2019
- February 23, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) A month-long ‘Festival of India’ has recently been organised in which of the following countries?
c) Sri Lanka
• The month-long ‘Festival of India in Nepal’ started in the Himalayan nation with the performance of ‘Journey of Gautam Buddha’ by Sumit Roy group. The event organised by the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre, Embassy of India, Kathmandu is supported by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
2) Who among the following has been named World Sportsman of the Year for the Laureus Sports Awards?
a) Luca Modric
b) Novak Djokovic
c) Tiger Woods
d) Lindsey Vonn
• Laureus Sports Awards: Novak Djokovic named World Sportsman of the Year
• Djokovic matched Usain Bolt’s record by being named World Sportsman of the Year for the fourth time after winning Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. He also earned the honor in 2012, 2015 and 2016.
3) KALIA Chhatra Brutti, a scholarship scheme for children, is an initiative of
a) West Bengal
• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday unveiled the scholarship scheme for children of beneficiaries of Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme, who are either studying or aspiring for technical and professional education.
• Through KALIA Chhatra Brutti, the State Government will bear all expenditure including course and hostel fees and mess charge so that children from the farming families would be able to improve the economic condition of their families after getting proper technical and professional education.
4) ‘Operation Digital Board (ODB)’, a revolutionary step to boost quality education in the country, was launched by
a) Ministry of Electronics and IT
b) Ministry of HRD
c) NITI Aayog
• The Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched Operation Digital Board to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country.
• Addressing a press conference in New Delhi today, the Minister of Human Resource Development said that Operation Digital Board is a revolutionary step which will make the learning as well as the teaching process interactive and popularize flipped learning as a pedagogical approach.
5) Which of the following Indian politicians were recently conferred the ‘Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit’ award in Spain?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Piyush Goyal
c) Sushma Swaraj
d) Dr. Shashi Tharoor
• Sushma Swaraj to receive ‘Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit’ award in Spain.
• The coveted award will be given to the Minister as recognition by the Spanish government of India’s “swift response” through Operation Maitri in rescuing 71 Spanish nationals from Nepal in April 2015 during the disastrous earthquake.