News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 01 Mar 2019
- March 3, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The newly announced railway zone for Andhra Pradesh, the Southern Coast Railway, will be headquartered in
• Railways Minister PiyushGoyalannounced a new railway zone for Andhra Pradesh.
• The new railway zone — Southern Coast Railway — will be headquartered in Visakhapatnam.
2) Which of the following public sector banks (PSBs) have topped the recently released EASE Reforms for Public Sector Banks?
a) State Bank of India
b) Indian Overseas Bank
c) Punjab National Bank
d) Bank of Baroda
• Punjab National Bank (PNB), the victim of India’s biggest banking scandal last year, has been ranked first among the public sector banks (PSBs) in implementing banking reforms, according to a report.
• The trend of rising Gross NPAs, or bad loans, in the system has been reversed with the non-performing assets (NPAs) ratio on the decline for the last three quarters, said the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)-Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) report.
• The report — EASE Reforms for Public Sector Banks – said GNPAs lowered by Rs 31,168 crore in this period, GNPA ratio has started declining after peaking in March 2018 and has declined for three successive quarters since then.
3) Which of the following companies have recently released India’s first indigenous semiconductor chips for 4G/LTE and 5G NR modems?
b) Signal chip
• Signal chip unveils India’s first indigenous semiconductor chips for 4G/LTE and 5G NR modems
• At present, only 8 companies and a few countries can design and build semiconductor chips and launch of indigenous chip is in a real sense Make in India for the World
4) Who among the following recently became the 1st batsman to hit 500 sixes?
b) Joe Root
c) Kane Williamson
d) Chris Gayle
• In another stunning performance since returning to ODI cricket, Chris Gayle broke a slew of records during West Indies’ fourth match against England.
• En route to his 162 off 97 balls at St George’s, the 39-year-old ticked off a shopping list of targets – 50 up in 32 balls, a 10,000th One-Day run and then his hundred in 55 balls. He also became the first batsman in the world to smash 500 sixes in international cricket; earlier in the series, he had toppled ShahidAfridi to record the most number of sixes by any batsman in international cricket.
5) Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project, for which India has approved investments, is located in
a) Sri Lanka
• Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved investment for Transmission Component of Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project(Nepal portion) for an estimated cost of Rs. 1236.13 crore at June 2017 Price level.
• The current approval is for Investment approval of 400 kV D/C Diding (In Nepal) – Bathnaha (International Border) via Dhalkebar (In Nepal) Transmission Line of approximately 217 KM falling within the territory of Nepal to evacuate power from Arun-3 HEP in Nepal.