News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Mar 2019
- March 10, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle project was commissioned to commemorate the 150th anniversary of
a) Quit India movement
b) Jallianwalah Bagh
c) Revolt of 1857
d) Vellore mutiny
• The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, released the Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle
• The project for compilation of “Dictionary of Martyrs” of India’s Freedom Struggle was commissioned by the Ministry of Culture, to the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) to commemorate the 150th anniversary of uprising of 1857.
• In this dictionary a martyr has been defined as a person who died or who was killed in action or in detention, or was awarded capital punishment while participating in the national movement for emancipation of India.
• It includes ex-INA or ex-military personnel who died fighting the British.
2) The International Finance Corporation, recently seen in news, is a member of
a) World Bank
b) Bank of International Settlement
• The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed a Cooperation Agreement yesterday with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a Member of the World Bank Group (WBG).
• The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in developing countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
• It was established in 1956, as the private-sector arm of the World Bank Group, to advance economic development by investing in for-profit and commercial projects for poverty reduction and promoting development
3) Khurja Super Thermal Power Plant, recently seen in news, is located in the state of
a) Uttar Pradesh
• The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister has approved the investment approval for 2x660MW Khurja Super Thermal Power Plant (STPP) in District Bulandshahar of Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs. 11,089.42 crore
4) International Women’s Day is celebrated annually on
a) April 10th
b) December 3rd
c) May 21st
d) March 8th
• Every year, March 8 is celebrated as International Women’s Day – an occasion to celebrate the progress made by women in all walks of life. It is also the perfect time to acknowledge the extraordinary role played by women over the years.
• Adopted by the UN in the year 1977, the day is observed across the globe with special events dedicated to women. Every year a theme is picked for the day. This year, it is “Think equal, build smart, innovate for change”.
5) e-Dharti App, to know the actual status of vacant properties, was recently launched by
a) NITI Aayog
c) Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
d) Ministry of Rural Development
• Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri today launched e-Dharti app where all the three modules- Conversion, Substitution and Mutation related to properties have been made online.
• The payment system in Land and Development Office, L&DO has also been completely digitized.
• Work is also going on other three small modules namely Sale Permission, Mortgage Permission and Gift Permission will be completed soon.