News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Mar 2019
- March 14, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The indigenously developed Pinaka test fired recently at Pokhran desert is a
a) Guided rocket system
b) Cruise missile
c) Ballistic missile
d) Anti-tank missile
• The indigenously developed Pinaka guided rocket system was successfully test fired at Pokhran desert in Rajasthan, in a boost to artillery capability of the Army, the defense ministry said.
• The weapon system is equipped with state-of-the-art guidance kit comprising of an advanced navigation and control system.
• The indigenously developed guided Pinaka, developed by DRDO, will significantly boost the capability of the artillery to make precision hits
2) Which of the following countries has become the largest importer of arms in the world to the premier Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)?
b) Saudi Arabia
• Saudi Arabia has now become the largest importer of arms in the world, having pushed India to the second spot, according to the premier Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
• In its report on ‘Trends in International Arms Transfers 2018’ released, the institute identified Saudi Arabia, India, Egypt, Australia and Algeria as the five top arms importing countries and the United States, Russia, France, Germany and China as the five top arms exporting nations.
3) Who among the following Indian athletes was recently honoured by Barbie for “breaking boundaries to inspire” the next generation girls?
a) Anju Bobby George
b) P T Usha
c) Dipa Karmakar
d) Sakshi Malik
• Dipa Karmakar, who became the first Indian female gymnast to win a bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, was recently honoured by Barbie for “breaking boundaries to inspire” the next generation girls.
• Over the past years, Barbie, the fashion doll manufactured by the American toy company Mattel, has seen many avatars. The doll brand, which was launched in 1959, has transformed from featuring “pretty” dolls to Barbie being a surgeon, a news anchor, an astronaut and a president among other roles. Yet again, to celebrate its 60th anniversary this year, the company decided to honour women role models, who in their own way, have broken boundaries and stood out among the rest.
4) Which of the following recently became the only state in the country to have 27 per cent quota for OBCs?
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Madhya Pradesh
• The Madhya Pradesh government issued an ordinance raising reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBC) to 27 per cent from the present 14 per cent, state Law and Legal Affairs Minister PC Sharma said.
• Government officials said the ordinance was sent to Governor Anandiben Patel for her assent, adding that the move was made to ensure the ordinance could be issued before the Lok Sabha poll model code of conduct comes into effect. With this, MP is possibly the only state in the country to have 27 per cent quota for OBCs
5) Which of the following countries in planning to launch its own cryptocurrency, called Sovereign (SOV)?
a) Marshall Islands
• The Marshall Islands, an island country and a United States associated state, is reportedly planning to launch its own cryptocurrency, called Sovereign (SOV), at some point during this year.