News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Mar 2019
- March 18, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1.Which of the following countries will host the U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020?
- New Zealand
- India will host the U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020, International Football Federation (FIFA) President Gianni Infantino announced.
- This will be the second FIFA tournament India will be hosting, after the U-17 Men’s World Cup in 2017.
2. Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is located in the state of
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- For the first time, Uttar Pradesh is taking a census of otters in its protected areas. The exercise that began in the Pilibhit Tiger Reserve (PTR), will be completed by the end of this month.
- A mammal, an otter spends much of its time in or close to water bodies. Otters live on fish.
3. Grey Hypocolius (Hypocolius ampelinus) is a small migratory bird that visits the state of
- Tamil Nadu
- The Grey Hypocolius (Hypocolius ampelinus), a small migratory bird that usually makes its home in West Asia and North Africa and is a regular visitor to Kutch, has been sighted in Western Rajasthan for the first time on March 4, 2019.
4. Which of the following banks has been named as systemically important banks by RBI?
- All of the above
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) named State Bank of India (SBI), ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs), which in other words mean banks that are too big to fail.
- As per the norms, these banks will have to set aside more capital for their continued operation. RBI comes with the list every year since 2015. Inclusion in D-SIB indicates that failure of any of these banks would have a cascading effect on Indian financial system.
5. The Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) includes who among the following?
- Finance Secretary
- RBI Governor
- Chairman of IRDAI
- All of the above
- A meeting of the Sub-Committee of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held in Mumbai.
- Shaktikanta Das, Governor, Reserve Bank of India, chaired the meeting. The meeting was attended by the members of the Sub-Committee – Subhash Chandra Garg, Finance Secretary, Ministry of Finance; Injeti Srinivas, Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs; Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Chief Economic Advisor, Ministry of Finance; S. C. Khuntia, Chairman, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI); Hemant G Contractor, Chairman, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA); Deputy Governors of the Reserve Bank – N. S. Vishwanathan, Viral V. Acharya, B.P. Kanungo and Mahesh Kumar Jain; Shashank Saksena, Secretary, Financial Stability and Development Council; and Deepak Mohanty, Executive Director of the Reserve Bank. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was represented by G. Mahalingam, Whole Time Member, while Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) was represented by Navrang Saini, Whole Time Member.