News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Mar 2019
- March 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1.Cyclone Idai, recently seen in news, has ravaged which of the following countries?
- At least 31 people have been killed and dozens are missing in parts of eastern Zimbabwe after the country was hit by tropical cyclone Idai which lashed neighbouring Mozambique and Malawi
- Cyclone Idai has affected more than 1.5 million people in the three southern African countries, according to the United Nations and government officials.
2. Which of the following MNCs has recently launched Project ‘Sangam’ to boost India’s Swachh Bharat Mission?
- Reliance Industries Ltd
- Microsoft India has partnered with The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to deploy Microsoft’s Project Sangam (cloud-hosted, mobile-first community learning platform) to prepare functionaries and officers crosswise over India on Swachh Bharat e-Learning Portal.
- Through this partnership, MoHUA has successfully trained 110,000+ municipal functionaries on best sanitation practices crosswise over 4000 or more cities in India.
3. Who among the following became the second Indian woman golfer to win on the Ladies European Tour after clinching the South African Open?
- Aditi Ashok
- Sharmila Nicollet
- Diksha Dagar
- Ridhima Dilawari
- Diksha Dagar became only the second Indian woman golfer to win on the Ladies European Tour after clinching the South African Open, eking out a one-shot victory with a bogey-free final round at Cape Town.
- 18-year-old Dagar was trailing by two shots, but pipped the much-experienced Lee Anne Pace with a three-under final round. Dagar follows Aditi Ashok, who in 2016 became the first Indian to win on the LET
4. Kaladan multi-modal transit transport project is being implemented between India and which of the following countries?
- The armies of India and Myanmar conducted a “coordinated operation” against insurgents in Myanmarese territory to avert a possible threat to the Kaladan multi-modal transit transport project
- The Kaladan multi-modal transit transport project is being viewed as India’s gateway to the Southeast Asia.
- India entered into a framework agreement with Myanmar in April 2008 to facilitate implementation of the project. On completion, the project will help connect Mizoram with the Sittwe Port in Rakhine State of Myanmar.
5. Khanderi, recently inducted into Indian armed forces having completed all stages of trials, is a
- Nuclear-capable cruise missile
- Aircraft carrier
- Lightweight aircraft
- The Navy is set to induct the second Scorpene submarine Khanderi by early May. The remaining submarines in the series are in advanced stages of manufacturing and trials
- Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL), Mumbai, is manufacturing six Scorpene submarines under technology transfer from Naval Group of France under a 2005 contract worth $3.75 bn