News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Mar 2019
- March 25, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Which of the following has recently lifted the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women’s Championship for the fifth time in a row?
- Sri Lanka
- India has lifted South Asian Football Federation SAFF Women’s Championship fifth time in a row. Keeping its winning streak India defeated host Nepal in the final by 3-1 in Biratnagar
2. World Tuberculosis Day 2019 was celebrated on
- March 24th
- December 1st
- May 30th
- August 2nd
- Each year, World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is celebrated on March 24 to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences of TB, and to step up efforts to end the global TB epidemic. The date marks the day in 1882 when Dr. Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
3. The author of the recently released book ‘Every Vote Counts’ is
- Sunil Arora
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi
- Navin Chawla
- J S Khehar
- The former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla’s latest book ‘Every Vote Counts’, was launched at New Delhi’s Taj Mahal Hotel on Man Singh Road. It was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari.
4. The new Earth-observation satellite PRISMA was recently launched by which country?
- A European Vega rocket carried a new Earth-observation satellite into orbit for the Italian Space Agency lighting up the night-time sky over its French Guiana launch site.
- The PRISMA Earth observation satellite lifted off at 9:50 p.m. EDT (0150 March 22 GMT) from the South America’s Guiana Space Center in Kourou, French Guiana. The satellite will operate in a sun-synchronous orbit, meaning that it circles the Earth in such a way that the sun is always in the same position as the satellite takes pictures of the planet below.
5. Operation Sunrise, to tackle insurgents, was conducted by India and which of its neighbours?
- Codenamed `Operation Sunrise’ was carried out last month which ended earlier this month when the insurgent camps were wiped out who were planning to hit the Indian workers at the Kaladan Transit project.
- It was a joint operation carried out by both Indian and Myanmar armies have, in which at least 10 camps of an insurgent group in the neighbouring Myanmar.