News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Apr 2019
- April 10, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) World Health Day is celebrated annually on
a) July 3rd
b) April 7th
c) June 1st
d) August 21st
• Universal health coverage is WHO’s number one goal. Key to achieving it is ensuring that everyone can obtain the care they need, when they need it, right in the heart of the community. But millions of people still have no access at all to health care. Millions more are forced to choose between health care and other daily expenses such as food, clothing and even a home.
• This is why WHO is focusing on universal health coverage for this year’s World Health Day, on 7 April.
2) Which among the following has been named as the ‘Global Slag Company of the Year’ at the 14th Global Slag Conference and Exhibition 2019?
a) Tata Steel
c) Reliance India Ltd
• Tata Steel has been named as the ‘Global Slag Company of the Year’ at the 14th Global Slag Conference and Exhibition 2019
• The award was presented to Tata Steel for its innovative practices in development of new applications for Steel by-products (Slag).
• The award demonstrates global recognition of Tata Steels commitment towards sustainability & circular economy principles
3) African Lion 2019 is a military exercise conducted between which of the following two countries?
a) India and South Africa
b) Saudi Arabia and Egypt
c) USA and Morocco
d) China and Kenya
• Personnel from the US Air Force 31st Fighter Wing and Royal Moroccan Air Force have taken part in F-16 aviation training during multilateral exercise African Lion 2019 at Ben Guerir Air Base in Morocco.
• Sponsored by chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, African Lion 2019 is US Africa Command-scheduled, US Marine Corps Forces Europe and Africa-led joint and combined exercise.
• The exercise is conducted in Morocco and Tunisia. Participants also include the armed forces of Canada, France, Senegal, Spain, and the UK.
4) The Kangla Tongbi War Memorial is located in the state of
• The Battle of Kangla Tongbi, considered one of the fiercest battles of World War II, was fought by Ordnance personnel of 221 Advance Ordnance Depot (AOD) on the night of 6/7 April 1944. Japanese forces had planned a three pronged offensive to capture Imphal and the surrounding areas.
• In their attempt to extend their line of communication to Imphal, the 33rd Japanese Division cut in behind the 17th Indian Division at Tiddim (Mynmar) and establishing themselves firmly on the main Kohima – Manipur highway, started advancing towards Kangla Tongbi. Here at Kangla Tongbi, a small but determined detachment of 221 AOD put up stiff resistance against the advancing Japanese forces.
• The Platinum Jubilee of the Battle of Kangla Tongbi War was commemorated on 07 Apr 2019 by Army Ordnance Corps at Kangla Tongbi War Memorial near Imphal.
5) The Chennai Central railway station was recently renamed after
a) M Karunanidhi
c) M G Ramachandran
d) C Rajagopalachari
• The Tamil Nadu government released an official notification that Chennai Central railway Station has been officially named after former state chief minister and ruling All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam(AIADMK) founder MG Ramachandran.
• With the new gazette notification, the Chennai Central railway station will be hereafter called as Dr. MG Ramachandran Chennai Central railway station.