News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Apr 2019
- April 11, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS IAS
- Category: Quizes
1) World Homeopathy Day is celebrated annually on
a) July 3rd
b) April 10th
c) June 1st
d) August 21st
• The World Homoeopathy Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann.
• It is celebrated on 10 April.
2) Which among the following institute has topped NIRF 2019 in University category?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
b) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
c) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
d) Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
• Educational institutions across the country were ranked in 9 categories – overall, universities, engineering, colleges, management, pharmacy, medical, architecture and law.
Top 5 Universities:
• Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
• Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
• University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
• Calcutta University, Kolkata
3) What is the PSL requirement for small financial banks?
d) Not required
• Small Finance Banks (SFBs) will be required to extend 75% of their adjusted net bank credit (ANBC) for priority sector lending.
• The scope of activities of a small finance bank would primarily be to undertake basic banking activities of acceptance of deposits and lending to unserved and underserved sections including small business units, small and marginal farmers, micro and small industries and unorganized sector entities.
4) Dhanush artillery gun is developed by
d) None of the above
• The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) on Monday handed over the first batch of six Dhanush artillery guns to the Army. Dhanush is the indigenously upgraded gun of the Swedish Bofors gun procured in the 1980s.
5) Global Cooling Coalition is a global effort led by
a) UN Environment,
b) Climate and Clean Air Coalition,
c) Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program
d) All of the above
• The first-ever global coalition on clean and efficient cooling was launched at the First Global Conference on Synergies between the 2030 Agenda and Paris Agreement, which concluded on April 3, 2019, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Besides the UN, it is supported by the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, the Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL).
• It includes government officials from Chile, Rwanda, Denmark as well as leaders from civil society, research and academia.