News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 May 2019
- May 4, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) May 1 celebrated as the formation day of which of the following states?
d) Both b and c
• The whole world celebrates May 1 as an International Labour day; however, very few people know that May 1 is also celebrated as ‘Maharashtra Day’ and ‘Gujarat Day’.
• The first day of May is significant for both the states as it was on May 1 when both the existing states of Maharashtra and Gujarat were formed.
2) Hangul is a critically endangered species found in the state of
b) Jammu and Kashmir
• A massive decline in the population of Kashmir’s iconic wildlife species, the Hangul (Cervus hanglu hanglu), also known as the Kashmir stag, continues to be a big concern as conservation efforts for the deer, going on for years, have not yielded any significant results so far.
• Today, the Hangul, the state animal of Jammu & Kashmir, is restricted to the Dachigam National Park some 15 km north-west of Jammu & Kashmir’s summer capital Srinagar.
3) Mawmluh cave, recently seen in news, is located in the state of
a) Himachal Pradesh
• In Meghalaya, the Geological Survey of India (GSI) North Eastern Region (NER) yesterday installed two geological display boards at two important geological sites in the State with geo-scientific information which will help in creating awareness among visiting tourists, students and the general public.
• The boards are unvieled at Mawmluh cave and Therriaghat, Sobhar in East Khasi Hill District. Mawmluh cave made headlines earlier as high resolution stable isotopic studies of the stalagmites from the cave have shown that there was a major climatic event about 4200 years ago
4) Goldman Prize, recently seen in news, honours
a) Inspiring refugees
b) Environmental activists
• The Goldman Environmental Foundation recognized six environmental activists.
• They are winners of the 2019 Goldman Environmental Prize, also known as the “Green Nobel.” It honors ordinary men and women who take great risks to protect the natural environment. They are often community leaders from small villages or areas that lack financial resources.
5) Which among the following countries is the third largest foreign direct investor in India?
• The Netherlands has emerged as the third largest foreign direct investor in India during 2017-18, with investments pegged at about $2.67 billion across sectors