News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 May 2019
- May 5, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The newest cyclone to emerge out of the Bay of Bengal has been named Fani. It was named by
• The newest cyclone to emerge out of the Bay of Bengal has been named Fani. Before that, there were cyclones Hudhud in 2014, Ockhi in 2017 and Titli and Gaja in 2018.
• Each Tropical Cyclone basin in the world has its own rotating list of names. For cyclones in the Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea, the naming system was agreed by eight member countries of a group called WMO/ESCAP and took effect in 2004.
2) ‘Operation Swift Retort’, recently seen in news, is in connection with
a) USA and Russia
b) India and Pakistan
c) Iran and Saudi Arabia
d) North Korea and South Korea
• Pakistan to observe its retaliatory action against India on Feb 27 as ‘Operation Swift Retort’
• Tensions between India and Pakistan escalated after the February 14 attack by a Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) suicide bomber in Pulwama that killed 40 CRPF soldiers
3) Nathu La pass is located in the state of
b) Jammu and Kashmir
• The 14th edition of the annual Sino-Indian border trade opened at Nathu La in Sikkim.
• A total of 36 items, from dairy products are on India’s export list comprising dairy products to utensils, while a total of 20 items, including carpets, quilts and jackets among others, are in the country’s import list from the Tibet Autonomous Region
4) Which of the following is the first national legislative body in the world to declare a climate change?
• The UK parliament became the first national legislative body in the world to declare a climate change “emergency”. The historic move closely follows Extinction Rebellion protests that blocked traffic in key parts of central London for a week in April.
5) International Religious Freedom 2019 report was published by
b) World Bank
d) None of the above
• United States Commission has released its International Religious Freedom 2019 report.