News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Jun 2019
- June 10, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following committee is associated with Food Corporation of India (FCI) reforms?
a) Raveendra Dolakiya
b) Shanta Kumar
c) Kokate Committee
d) Justice Rohini Committee
• Shanta Kumar Committee recommendations
o Reduce the number of beneficiaries under the Food Security Act
o Allow private players to procure and store food grains.
o Stop bonuses on minimum support price (MSP
o Deregulate fertiliser sector
2) Which of the following Ministry organises National Communal Harmony Awards?
a) Ministry of Culture
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Ministry of Social Justice
d) None of the above
• It is awarded to both individuals and organisations for promotion of communal harmony and national integration.
• It is instituted by the National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH) under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
3) The National People’s Party (NPP) has been recognised as the eighth national party by the Election Commission of India, making it the first regional party of the north-east to be accorded the status. Where in India is this party not active?
d) Arunachal Pradesh.
• The National People’s Party (NPP) has been recognised as the eighth national party by the Election Commission of India, making it the first regional party of the north-east to be accorded the status.
• The party fulfilled the criteria by being a state party in four states — Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and in a recent entry, Arunachal Pradesh.
4) Which among the following committee is associated with Non-Performing Assets resolutions?
a) Sunil Mehta Committee
b) Y.M. Deosthalee Committee
c) Ashok Dalwai Committee
d) Injeti Srinivas Committee
• Inter Creditor Agreement is part of the “Sashakt” plan for resolution of loan accounts with a size of ₹50 crore or more.
• It is based on Sunil Mehta committee recommendation
5) Which of the following two countries signed New START treaty?
a) India and Pakistan
b) North Korea and South Korea
c) North Korea and USA
d) USA and Russia
• The number of strategic nuclear missile launchers will be reduced by half by USA and Russia.