News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Jun 2019
- June 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The Chaukhandi Stupa was built to mark the site where Lord Buddha and his first disciples met traveling from Bodh Gaya to Sarnath. Where is it located?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
• When it comes to the places to visit in Sarnath, there are some amazing options such as the Dhamek Stupa, Chaukhandi Stupa, Ashoka Pillar and Sarnath Archeological Museum.
• Sarnath has a long and ancient history and the place has been known by various names such as Mrigadava, Migadāya, Rishipattana and Isipatana.
2) Jnanpith Award is bestowed only on Indian writers writing in
c) Mizo ṭawng
• It is bestowed only on Indian writers writing in languages specified in the 8th Schedule of the constitution.
3) Mount Sinabung is located in
• The volcano erupted for the first time after a 400-year-long hiatus in 2010. It has been continuously active since then. It is located in Sumatra, western Indonesia.
4) Leader of Opposition is a
a) Constitutional post
b) Statutory post
c) Formed out of an executive resolution
d) Followed as per parliamentary convention
• The leader of the opposition in the houses of Indian parliament is a statutory post. This post is defined in the Salaries and Allowances of Leaders of Opposition in Parliament Act, 1977 as simply the leader of the numerically biggest party in opposition to the government and recognised as such by the speaker/chairman.
5) Indian Air Force (IAF) has signed a deal to procure a batch of SPICE 2000 guided bombs. Where is it purchased from?
• The Indian Air Force has signed a Rs 300 crore deal with a Israeli defence firm to procure a batch of SPICE 2000 guided bombs.
• The deal was signed with Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and the bombs are expected to be supplied in the next three months, the sources said.