News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Jun 2019
- June 13, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s first dinosaur museum park was recently inaugurated in
• A new dinosaur museum and fossil park, located in Gujarat’s Mahisagar district, was inaugurated by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
• A government release claimed the museum and park, situated in Raiyoli village in Balanisor taluka, was the country’s first such facility and the world’s third.
2) The annual Kheer Bhawani mela is celebrated in the state of
d) Jammu and Kashmir
• Hundreds of Kashmiri Pandit devotees prayed at the famous Ragnya Devi temple here in Ganderbal district as the Kheer Bhawani mela was celebrated amid chants of religious hymns and ringing of temple bells.
• Nestled in the shade of mammoth Chinar trees in Tulmulla village, the temple witnessed a massive gathering of devotees, most of them Kashmiri Pandits, who have journeyed from across the country. The Kheer Bhawani mela is one of the biggest religious functions of the displaced community.
3) India and Portugal has recently decided to cooperate in the setting up of a national maritime heritage museum. Where will it be located?
• India and Portugal will cooperate in the setting up of a national maritime heritage museum at Lothal in Gujarat.
• The Indian Navy is keen to be a stakeholder in the project and the Portuguese Navy has agreed to assist with their experience of administering the maritime museum in Lisbon, according to defence sources.
4) According to Traffic Index 2018, which of the following cities were ranked as the most traffic congested city in the world?
a) New York
• A recent study has ranked Mumbai as the most traffic-congested city in the world for the second straight year, and Delhi at fourth place.
• The findings are part of the Traffic Index 2018 published by TomTom, an Amsterdam-based company that offers traffic solutions, uses location technology to collect traffic information, and has been publishing city rankings for eight years. The latest index ranks 403 cities across 56 countries, including 13 new cities.
5) Chaukhandi Stupa, recently seen in news, is located in the state of
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
• Chaukhandi Stupa, an ancient Buddhist site located in Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh (UP) has been declared as ‘protected area of national importance’ by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
• Chaukhandi Stupa appears to be in ruins and was originally constructed in the 5th Century AD. The structure which stands atop a terraced rectangular plinth, is capped by a relatively new octagonal Mughal tower. It was built by Akbar in 1589 AD to commemorate his father Humayun’s visit to the site.