News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Jun 2019
- June 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The “Dirty List” is a registry of employers that have been found by the government to have engaged in slave labour in
c) Saudi Arabia
• Brazil’s “dirty list” of employers that have engaged in slave labour is considered one the country’s best tools in its efforts to end slave labor.
• When last published, in April, it had about 186 names. The list is under scrutiny as major firms have been found to have used legal means to avoid being put on it.
2) A new form of cryptocurrency called Libra was recently launched by
• Facebook announced plans to roll out a new form of cryptocurrency called Libra, which will integrate with the social media giant’s apps including WhatsApp and Messenger in an effort to make moving money as simple as sending a text message.
3) Which of the following countries will be hosting the fourteenth session of Conference of Parties (COP – 14) of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)?
• Established in 1994, the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is the only legally binding international agreement linking environment and development issues to the land agenda.
• In 1994, the United Nations General Assembly declared 17 June the “World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought” to promote public awareness and the implementation of the UNCCD in the desertification affected countries.
• India is hosting the Fourteenth session of Conference of Parties (COP – 14) from 29th August – 14th September 2019 at India Expo Mart Limited, Greater Noida. One of the primary functions of the COP is to review reports submitted by the Country Parties detailing how they are carrying out their commitments.
4) Operation VIJAY is popularly known to be associated with
a) Cyclone rescue mission in Odisha
b) Oil spill recovery mission
c) Kargil war
d) Sino-India war, 1962
• The year 2019, marks the 20th anniversary of victory in ‘Operation VIJAY’ popularly known as the ‘Kargil War’. The Kargil War is a saga of strong political, military and diplomatic actions.
• The Nation shall be celebrating the 20th anniversary of victory this year in Kargil War with pride, honour and inspiration.
• The Kargil War will always be remembered for its strategic and tactical surprises, the self-imposed national strategy of restraint in keeping the war limited to Kargil – Siachen Sectors and swiftly executed tri-services military strategy and plans
5) Operation Sunrise 2 involves India and which other country in targeting several militant groups?
• During “Operation Sunrise 2”, the armies coordinated with each other to bust camps of militant outfits, including the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation, the National Socialist Council of Nagaland(Khaplang), the United Liberation Front of Assam (I) and the National Democratic Front of Boroland.
• The first phase of “Operation Sunrise” was conducted three months ago along the Indo-Myanmar border, during which a number of camps of north-east-based militant groups were busted.