News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Jan 2020
- January 9, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following is not one of the languages mentioned in 8th schedule of Indian constitution?
• Sindhi language was added in 1967. Thereafter three more languages viz., Konkani, Manipuri and Nepali were included in 1992. Subsequently Bodo, Dogri, Maithili and Santhali were added in 2004. At present, there are demands for inclusion of 38 more languages in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.
2) UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Golestan Palace, Meidan Emam and Masjed-e-Jame are located in
• Iran is home to one of the world’s oldest civilizations dating back to 10,000 BC. Its rich heritage and culture is an amalgam of Arab, Persian, Turkish and South Asian cultures..
3) Great Indian Bustards (GIB) are Identified as one of the species for the recovery programme under the Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitats of the Ministry of Environment and Forests. They are found in
d) All of the above
• Found in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
• Protected areas: Desert National Park Sanctuary — Rajasthan, Rollapadu Wildlife Sanctuary – Andhra Pradesh and Karera Wildlife Sanctuary– Madhya Pradesh.
4) ‘Sapta bhasha Samgama Bhumi (the confluence of seven languages)’ is a name given to the district of
a) Kasaragod, Kerala
d) None of the above
• Tulu is a Dravidian language whose speakers are concentrated in two coastal districts of Karnataka and in Kasaragod district of Kerala. Kasaragod district is called ‘Sapta bhasha Samgama Bhumi (the confluence of seven languages)’, and Tulu is among the seven.
5) ‘Zo Kutpui’ festival, recently seen in news, is celebrated in
• Mizoram govt to organise ‘Zo Kutpui’ globally to unify Mizo tribes..